My name is Carissa Di Gangi and this is my recipe blog. While I have delivered delicious eats from kitchen to table at restaurants in Ottawa and Kingston, mostly I make my own food from scratch – so I know what I’m eating, and so I can eat well for cheap. I tend towards healthy meals, unhealthy desserts, and affordable ingredients.
- I’m distractable with a good eye for detail. As a result, I find between 20 and 200 four-leafed clovers every summer, probably while you’re talking to me. It also makes me prone to interesting culinary misadventures.
- Three years as a coxswain on a men’s varsity rowing team could not coach me out of Pleases and Thank yous. An unexpected upside to this politesse is the attention I get when I use profanity.
- My Favourite Thing is the lemon tree I grew from seed seven years ago. It has
22 26 40 47 53 6387 leaves, three branches, two-inch thorns, and loves a south-facing window.
- Dave & I traded our treehouse in Toronto’s west end for a more spacious apartment in the east. We’re further from Parkdale’s trendy tempting restaurants, and we lost the lake view, but gained a barbeque, dining room* and enough space to justify more books & bakeware. Worth it.
- Thanks to my commute and habit of listening to audiobooks while cooking, I’ve read 70 books so far in 2013.
*dining room table/chairs not included